QR codes are visual barcodes that can be read by camera apps on smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices. They provide an easier, quicker and more accurate alternative to typing or navigating through links to reach a specific web page, or to record and transfer important information electronically. Scanning a QR code is as easy as taking a photo.
QR Code Label Options
Our QR code labels have an adhesive backing and can generally be applied to any smooth, clean, dry surface, including paper, cardboard, glass, plastic or metal. We offer:
- QR code label manufacturing and printing in any size, shape or colour
- Stand-alone QR code labels, with or without your logo, text or other information
- Integrated labels, where a QR code is included as a visual element on product or service labels
- QR code labels supplied on sheets, on rolls or individually cut
- QR code labels with the same QR codes on all labels in your order
- QR code labels with a unique QR code on each label for tracking and tracing.
There are many ways QR code labels can be used to help you achieve your business goals. Here are just some examples.
QR Codes for Healthcare and Laboratories
- Apply QR code labels to vials or other equipment to track supplies and samples.
QR Codes for Retail
- Use QR codes to provide customers with more information than there is room for on your product label. Adding a QR code to the label means your customer can scan it and immediately find out more about your product from your website, contact you or share your details with others.
- Run retail promotions for specific target groups via direct mail and use different QR codes to direct customers to separate offer pages on your website.
- Use QR codes on product packaging or service labels so that when they are scanned they display installation instructions or user guides (specially useful for technical or electronic products).
QR Codes for Service and Support
- Add a QR code to the sales and service label you leave behind on equipment or machines after you complete an installation or service call.
- Your customer can scan the QR code to phone you or book themselves into your online system when the next service is due.
- Your field staff can scan the QR code label when they make a service call to match up to billing, service or warranty records.
- Tell us what you need or let us help you choose – contact us for friendly, professional advice or a quote.